Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Prayer



Creator God,

I am on my knees praying for mankind. Is it only me who sees the pain inflicted on this your earth, our home? I look and hear then quake with fear, at pestilence, pain, war and disease. Acid rain, pollution reign and still mankind ignores. The earth cries out with agony with warnings of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados as inconvenience breaks the pace . Still the priority is War and the space race. Children and elderly freeze and starve. While Presidents ,Prime Ministers and Kings carve their knives into our young. We go on each day along the way," can we still ignore ?" Where terrorists plan genocide and homocide becomes a way of life. Desensitized our carnal lives go on as if forever. And so my prayer goes on to say help mankind learn to love each other. Protect the elderly and the weak, the young, and that which sustains all life. Our Mother earth place of human birth. Heal and protect and then reflect on lessons of the past. Repeat them not, but we must stop and first love one another.

By Fall Wind Dancer

0614-06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home