Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Friday, June 09, 2006

Take heed and comfort in the words of this Great Poet



By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: From The Song of Hiawatha

"Oh my children! my poor children! Listen to the words of wisdom,Listen to the words of warning, From the lips of The Great Spirit, From The Master of life, Who made you! "I have given you lands to hunt in, I have given you streams to fish in, I have given you bear and bison, I have given you brant and beaver, Filled the marshes full of wild fowl, Filled the rivers full of fishes; Why then are you not contented? Why then will you hunt each other? " I am weary with your quarrels, Weary of your wars and blood shed, Weary of your prayers for vengeance, Of your wranglings and dissensions; All your strength is in your union, All your danger in discord; Therefore be at peace hence foreward, And as brothers live together.

I will send a prophet to you , A deliverer of the nations. Who shall guide you and shall teach you, Who shall toil and suffer with you. If you listen to his counsels, You will multiply and prosper; If his warnings pass unheeded, You will fade away and perish! "Bathe now in the stream before you, Wash the war paint from your faces, Wash the blood stains from your fingers,Bury your war clubs and your weapons, Break the red stone from this quarry, Mould and make it into Peace-pipes, Take the reeds that grow beside you, Deck them with your brightest feathers, Smoke the calumet together,"And as brothers live henceforeward!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home