Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

News On Indigenous Women's Issues


I came across this article online at http://indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096413074&print=yes I found it quite interesting and informative. A must read for Native American Women. The headline reads "Women call for revisions to U.N. development goals. BY: Gale Courey Toensing/Indian Country today

NEW YORK - Indigenous women have called for a revamping of the United Nations Millenium Development Goals to reflect the points of view and values of indigenous peoples.

The Indigenous Womens Caucas of the U.N. Permanent Forum on indigenous issues presented a statement called "Millenium Development Goals and Indigenous Peoples: Re-Defining the Goals " at the forums fifth session in New York on May 15-26th. I think this is an issue worth reading and learning more about and I hope to keep you updated in future posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home