Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Saturday, June 03, 2006

One Way Of Believing - One Way To Worship




Rather than going to church, I attend a sweat lodge; rather than accepting bread and toast(sic) from the Holy Priest, I smoke a ceremonial pipe to come into Communion with The Great Spirit; and rather than kneeling with my hands placed together in prayer, I let sweetgrass be feathered over my entire being for spiritual cleansing and allow the smoke to carry my prayers into the Heavens.I am a Mi'kmaq, and this is how we pray. Noah Augustine from his article "Grandfather was a knowing Christian" Toronto Star, Toronto ON Canada,2000 Aug.9. If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and lay it out in the open... soon the words and pages will disintigrate and the words will be gone. But our Bible is the wind ... statement by anonymous woman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home