Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Monday, May 29, 2006

Indian Freedom


Nothing could reflect my inner spirit more accurately than this...After my Mother crossed over to the spirit world It was soon after I had just lost my only full blood sister. The grief was near unbearable, I had a vision it was my Mom she was standing across a body of crystal clear, calm and serene looking water. She was standing in a field of wild flowers wearing a white buckskin dress. She turned and as she lifted her hands together upward with her lips pursed as if to send a kiss,she released 3 white doves. I thought this could not be she had 4 children. She would not forget anyone. Then it dawned on me, my little sister was already there with her. The 3 doves were for those of us left behind on this plain. I need to add something here that I negated . I have 3 sisters. My one full blood sister is the one who passed. These 2 sisters were of my Mother and there is no distinction when it comes to love. Dianne was special we shared a unique bond and that is my grief. But the 2 remaining sisters I do have I treasure. And our grief is shared not unique to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home