Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Monday, May 29, 2006

Rememberances of Dianne


Cherokee Angel
The leaves outside suddenly began to stir,
And the wind chimes played a melody,
I knew without question it was her,
Just a little game she likes to play with me...
I go to the window and that's where I see her,
My Spirit Dove laughing and dancing around just for me,
Hands raised toward Heaven, the fall leaves stir,
As a child she laughs so carefree...
Suddenly she turns to me and offers up a grin,
For she knows this is only temporary,
A story she told me, where to begin?
Without giving away what was privy to me...
I think back on what she said before she left this plain,
She said, "I'm broken and they can't fix me."
"I'll never be the same."
"I just want to be free"...
Inside I knew what it was she was implying,
And I knew it had to be,
Now days of endless crying,
How could she do this to me?
Alas-understanding and knowledge I have complete,
For I know I will see her again,
Still this grief an impossible feat,
When it was her life that was taken...
We were born of two worlds,
As sisters we were one,
Strangers we were as little girls,
But our journey never done...
I miss her so much,
I've never felt a stronger connection,
To once again feel her sweet touch,
In this world of cruel rejection...
Dance on Spirit Dove,
For I will see you once again,
When it is my time to rise up above,
I will meet you at the gates of Heaven...
As I Search for Sunrise 2006
by Jodi Lynn Bell
Daughter of Fall Wind Dancer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home