Name:
Location: Great Lakes Region, United States

I am a 55 yr. old Mother of 4 and Grandmother. Involved with bringing about the recognition of Native Americans in a positive and informed light,Veterans issues, senior citizens, the disabled, & children all these issues are important to me. I believe in fairness and equality for all. I am concerned about the environment and what we as individuals can do to care for the earth and each other. I believe in the power of prayer& unity and believe strongly that though I am one we are many.I am Tsalagi(Cherokee) my name in Tsalagi is ULAGAHASTI UNOLE ALISGIA or translated Fall Wind Dancer. Also, visit me at myspace: http://www.myspace.com/fallwinddancer

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Golden Years? Todays thought

I cannot figure the reasoning behind the title Golden years. I have pondered and meditated and prayed. There is nothing golden about growing older. You finally realize the whys and wherefores but too old to do anything about it. You cannot go backwards or fix it or push a reset button. Just when you get things right , your arthritis kicks in. Just when you know for sure your partner is the love of your life and you have no desire to live without them they develop dimentia or a terminal illness. I guess you could become bitter and withdrawn but that would only make getting older even more of an exercise in futility. It seems to me that just when you get your head together your butt falls apart. I wish the young could step back and pay attention and get it right on the way. It would be such a joy to know this getting older thing had a purpose that achieved its goal. Take care of yourself young ones it will catch up with you one day. Treat your older folks with respect and take care of them they are a window into what your future could or could not be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home